Monday, February 6, 2012

100 Days of Homeschool!


YES!! We survived 100 days of Homeschool!! Friday, Jan. 27 marked our 100th day and we really celebrated!!

We made 100 glasses



We danced for 100 seconds and did 100 seconds of silence. We counted to 100 by 1's, 2's, 5's and 10's. We also walked 100 steps....Gabe and Selah were surpised at how short of a distance they traveled in 100 steps.


We traced their feet to make the signs they are holding. Originally I was going to have Gabe write where he traveled in 100 steps, but then decided to just photograph where he was at 100 steps.


I had them bring me 100 cents (with whatever coins they wanted) and I exchanged it for $1. We then celebrated by going to McDonald's for lunch and they used their $1 to buy a dessert.

We did a 100 piece puzzle:


At the end of the school day we sang:
"It's the 100th day of school today,
It's the 100th day of school today,
It's the 100th day of school, it's the 100th day of school,
It's the 100th day of school today - HOORAY"
(to the tune of  "She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain")
and then blew out the 100 candles on our cake!



Before bedtime, I recieved the following note from my sweet 1st Grader:

(This was the best 100 day of school ever)

I think it was a success!!


No comments: