Thursday, July 20, 2023

Homecoming Concert

We got back home Saturday morning and then headed back to the church early on Sunday morning to perform a few songs for our own congregation. That afternoon we performed our homecoming concert. 

There were 39 Seniors this year!! 12 of them graduated with Gabe.




These are the lovely people I got to work with all week. We became super close. I consider them all friends. 


Even though they all have a little goof ball in them! 


And, gosh! What a great joy to be able to serve during Gabe's last tour year!! It was amazing to be there every time he sang his solo! 






And to watch sweet Selah worship! 


The concert was AMAZING!


Gabe knocked his solo out of the park. Many people told me that was the best they had ever heard him sing! And I am a proud Momma, so I took a ton of pictures of my man child!










That morning Kendall asked me to share a little about our trip at the concert. I talked about the 4 audiences that we sang for - the churches, the children at the summer camp, the inmates at the centers and then our own family and friends. 


I also told on myself. You see, at one detention center some of the residents were allowed to come and shake the hands of the sponsors. They thanked us for bringing the kids to sing for them. After the last one came by I realized that I had told each of them, "I am so glad you are here!!"....

.....And then realized where "here" is. 


Our students thought it was hilarious! (Notice Selah's "my mom is so embarrassing" face!)


Here is another shot of the 39 seniors - they got very used to posing for pictures for me as you can tell! 


For our last song, Kendall asks anyone who has ever been part of Student Choir to join our current members on stage to sing "Oh Happy Day". 


 We saw prayers get answered, we know God's love was evident, we saw hearts come to Christ and we saw spiritual growth in ourselves. It was a truly amazing week! 

 

No comments: