Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Student Choir Day 6

 Day 6 of tour was Wednesday, June 15, and it was a busy day!

We arrived at Lookout Youth Services Center at 9:45 am. 





Most of the choir sang in direct sun the whole time. 



At one time our sound system completely stopped working and the choir continued a Capella. It was so beautiful! 



The night before I had told our kids about Byron's dad who spent some time in detention as a kid and then grew up to be a lawyer and judge over jv cases. Our director, Kendall asked me to start sharing his story at the JDC's, too. This was my first one to share with. 


Our next stop was Mount View Your Services Center. 
It was again, in the direct sun. I was there as a medic/nurse to distribute medicines and just comfort kids when needed. I started having to treat sun burns, heat exhaustion and dehydration, but the kids pressed on. 



That afternoon we went to Park Meadows Mall for some down time. 
That evening I gave my testimony and later that night we had one of our members give his life to Jesus. It was a great day! 


No comments: