Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Snow Days 2015


Like much of the country, we had snow last week. 


Faith liked it at first.


But when there was more snow a few days later, she wanted nothing to do with the freezing, wet stuff! 

Mig, on the other hand, would stay outside in the snow for hours on end if I let him.


It was/is still cold!


Selah loves snow angels. 


I love snowy scenes...




Especially the ones I can view from indoors!



Of course, snow days are the best days to have hot cocoa. 


We also set out a big metal bowl to "harvest" snow for snow ice cream. 


This year I mixed 1 cup of milk with 1/4 cup of sugar, a teaspoon of vanilla and a few drops of blue food coloring. I put the mixture in the refrigerator until we were ready to bring the snow inside. Then I measured 4 cups of snow into the mixture and stirred it. I let the kids add sprinkles. It was a big hit!


As fun as it can be, I am hoping for warm temps soon!!


No comments: