Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The kind of update I don't like to write....

I have an adoption update. It is not a fun update, though. I had expected to hear something soon after our Log-in Date about a referral. Every time my phone rang with an unfamiliar number, my heart skipped a beat. I was checking my emails like a manic. I was driving myself crazy. Unfortunately, I had given myself the wrong expectation. 

Last week I contacted our agency to see if I could get an estimate on when we would be getting "the" call. They let me know that we could still expect a 6 -7 month wait - just for a referral. Not the news I was hoping for. We just have to sit and wait patiently for the little one that God has chosen for us and rest knowing that the timing is all in his hands. 


It is HARD - but that is where we are. When I told Selah, she was so disappointed she sobbed. But, before we know it, 6 or 7 months will go by and we will finally get that call that we have been hoping and praying for. We will finally get to see the face of our little one so far away and so loved already. 

One day. 

No comments: