Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A bike for my birthday


So, about a month ago Selah whispered in her daddy's ear an idea for a birthday present. They decided that since I was the only one in the family that did not have a bike, I needed one. So, we headed out bike shopping because they wanted me to pick it out. Now, to tell you the truth, I wasn't really very excited about a bike for my birthday. I hadn't ridden a bike in something like 12 years and wasn't really convinced that I would get many opportunities to ride a bike anyway. BUT then I saw my bike: a purple cruiser with rainbow stripes. Very, very cute!! It reminded me of my first bike - a gold banana seat bike with flowers on the seat! Byron, however thought I picked out the ugliest bike in the shop. 

Our plan was to take a family bike ride on Saturday morning, so Byron put a little air in the tires and loaded it in the van. Then he aired up everyone else's tires. As he was airing the last tire, we hear a Psssssssssssssssssssssssssssss........ My new bike tire was completely flat! The kids were so excited about riding bikes that we went ahead and took them to the trail. After their ride, we went to Jason's Deli for lunch and then we went to take my bike back and exchange it for a new one. The first place we went didn't have the same bike, so we went to another store. I was so happy! They had another rainbow bike! We returned home and packed all the bikes in the van to take another shot at a family bike ride. 

As we drove to the bike trail, I hear a Pssssssssssssssssssssssssss..... in the back! I just knew that this was the end of the rainbow bike! We arrived at the bike trail and Byron looked in the back to find it was Selah's bike that went flat. We never did get that family bike ride in, but Selah was happy because she didn't want to ride her bike again that evening anyway! 

So, all that to say that the kids got me a new bike for my birthday! And I love it! 



Byron said it fits my personality. I didn't know how to take that since he thinks it is ugly until he clarified that it is bright and happy. :)


The kids also made a Boston Cream Poke Cake for me (with just a little assistance). 


I feel very blessed and loved! 

No comments: