Sunday, January 31, 2021

Praise Team


I started singing with the adult choir at our church when I was in the 8th grade. When we moved to Colorado, our church didn't have a choir. It only had a praise team. When we moved to Denton and started attending Denton Bible I really wanted to join the choir. I missed being a part of choir so much! But, it just wasn't a good time for me to join with 4 little kiddos at home - one with medical and emotional needs. I was directing one of the children's choirs - which I LOVE, but I still SO missed adult choir. 

Finally on March 12, 2020, Byron and I both auditioned for the DBC choir. We were ready to start! The next day our church groups started temporarily closing down because of the Coronavirus. For me, this was the saddest part of COVID! I had finally joined the choir and then they stopped meeting. 

In May we did a virtual choir performance. It was stressful to send in a video - the video was just my voice - no music behind it. Then it was blended with the other members to make a full choir.

 


In June, the choir finally started rehearsing again. It was amazing to sit in a room full of choir members and hear all the beautiful harmonies! In July, I finally sang at church with choir - on Freedom Sunday. 

In August I got a phone call inviting me to sing with the Praise Team the following Sunday. This was such a surprise!! I was nervous and so honored to be a part! The first Sunday on praise team we sang a medley of Gospel hymns. It was SO FUN!!


 

Since July choir has been off and on because of COVID-19. We had a small ensemble of 20 sing together for Christmas. I have made new friends and have met some sweet, sweet souls who also love singing for Jesus. It has been so awesome to be part of an adult choir once again. 

No comments: