Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Costume Piano Recital


This weekend was our Spring Piano Recital. 

It was a costume recital and so most of the students dressed up to match their pieces.


Gabe started the recital off (quite appropriately) with the 20th Century Fox Fanfare - you know the song that starts all Fox movies. 


Selah played Supercalifragilistcexpialadocious from Mary Poppins. 


And then she and I played Beauty and the Beast. She dressed as Belle and I wore Chip the teacup on my head. 


Then Gabe played the Imperial March dressed as Darth Vader. 


I also played a solo piece. Selah took a short break from piano this spring and during her break, I jumped in and took lessons for awhile. I took lessons in my 3rd, 7th, 8th, and 9th grade years, but I had never played in a recital until this weekend! So though it wasn't Gabe or Selah's first recital, it was mine! I was so nervous! 

Here is a video of the recital especially for my mom who really wanted to be there, but couldn't:



Here are the students in our recital. Our teacher, Karen Amberson had 2 other recitals that day as well. I was so excited to be on the back row! I am never on the back row for pictures!! :)


It was such an honor to share the bench with this princess!


And so exciting to play in a recital with them both.



Since it was a costume recital, the little Sernas also wanted to dress up:


Here we all are with our costumes:


Good job to all my fellow piano students, and especially my two very special pianists!

No comments: