Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Immigration Approval!!


Last week I got a phone call from our adoption agency. They had received a letter from the Immigration Department saying that some documents were missing from our application for immigration. We received the letter the following day as well. The problem was, I knew I had included the documents they stated were missing! I waited until the next morning and then I called the USCIS. I was sweating. Missing documents meant more time to wait on our approval at the least - a denial at most. YIKES! Luckily I spoke to the officer in charge of our case. She looked through my file and found the "missing" documents. They were just filed in the wrong place. She told me to disregard the Request for Further Evidence (RFE). I asked her then when we can expect to receive our approval. She told me "Today. I am going to do it today. Of course, you will have to wait for it to come in the mail, but it will be done today." Well, yesterday evening - it arrived!!! 


This is an exciting moment in our process!! This little paper is the LAST document we needed to complete our dossier!!


We now need to get the approval (I-800a) notarized, certified and authenticated. Once that is done, we will send our completed Dossier to our agency. They take about 10 days to review, translate and bind it and then it goes to China!!


Keep praying! We are getting closer and closer everyday! If you would like to help us financially, we would be so blessed. There is a link at the top right of our blog here where you can donate to our adoption fund. All donations are tax deductible and go straight to our agency. 

No comments: