Monday, July 23, 2012

The Rest of our 4th Celebrations

After the parade we headed back to my parents' house and had a barbeque lunch. During lunch, my little nephew Adrik decided he would take his first steps! Then after lunch we pulled out a little splash pad for some water fun. My brother-in-law and I spent about 15 minutes setting up the splash pad (he did most of the work). Then the kids had a blast in it for all of 5 minutes! Ha!!

Adrik and Mig:

All that partying really wore PopPop out! 

We had planned on going to the city's firework show, but it didn't start until 9:00pm - WAY past my kiddos bedtime. I'm not sure it would have been fun for anyone! Instead, we broke out some glow sticks, made glow drinks and ate patriotic popcorn the kids and I made the day before while watching the PBS firework show on TV! PopPop loved this idea - mainly because we got to sit in the air conditioning in our pjs to see them!


It was a super fun day and a great way to celebrate our independance!

No comments: