Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas Card Pictures

Every year we send out Christmas photo cards. I had a really hard time deciding how to do our annual Christmas Card pictures this year. I didn't want a picture of all five of us because our family just isn't complete right now...by trying to get a family picture I felt like we were leaving someone out - which we are. Our little girl isn't with us yet, but she is so much already a part of our family. As I was hanging stockings Mig insisted we hang a stocking for "Little Sister", too. I found a tiny stocking to hang and as I was hanging it, Mig said, "Mommy, I really miss Little Sister". Isn't it crazy how we haven't met her, we don't have a clue who she is, but she is already loved and missed. My mom and Dad G. even bought her Christmas gifts. Third Day has a song has been my favorite Christmas this year, because that is exactly where we are right now. You can click on the lyrics to be directed to the video.


So, this year I had a hard time figuring out how to incorporate that gap in our family. I wanted to represent our other daughter somehow, so I bought 4 battery operated candles. The kids each held one, and then we set the 4th in front of them to represent our little one so far away. 


For the card I used a digital scrapbooking kit from Journey 2 U designs - an awesome kit with LOADS of Asian/adoption themed elements. 


I felt really happy with the outcome. We were able to do our traditional card and included our missing piece. This picture was a keeper, too - even if it didn't make the card.  


Next year there will be another precious little face in our Christmas Card pictures. For now all we can do is "pray that God will come and hold her in His arms
And tell her from our hearts we wish you a Merry Christmas".




No comments: