Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Burning Dandelions


Here is a post borrowed from my photography blog (www.cedarcreekphotography.blogspot.com).

A few months ago my husband showed my 7 year old little boy how to use a magnifying glass to start a fire. Now every time we are in the backyard and the sun is out, he wants to burn something (supervised, of course). I've told him the old saying that if you play with fire, you will wet the bed, but he doesn't believe me.  Yesterday our little pyromaniac was at it again, but when I saw that he wanted to burn a dandelion, I rushed in to get my camera. There is something very beautiful and surreal about the innocence of a dandelion and the harshness of fire meshed into one. It really made some striking images. 




Thanks for the photo inspiration, little fire-starter!

No comments: