Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Last Month's Memory Verse

Part of our morning "Circle Time" is reciting and committing to our memories Bible verses. Here is a video of Gabe and Selah reciting last month's verse, Proverbs 3:5-6



At one time we were trying to memorize one verse a week and the kids were memorizing the verse, but would soon forget it. I have found that if we do one verse a month they really internalize it more and can recall the verses many months later. We use songs to help us memorize and our favorites have been songs by Seeds Family Worship and The Rizers. These are catchy, fun tunes that I find myself singing through the day! We watch the You Tube videos and sing along every morning. Here is my YouTube playlist of memory verses.

We also learn a praise song each week and do a little family worship time before we start school. Here is my playlist of kid friendly worship songs. Check these out and start your own Praise and Worship time! It is the best part of my day!

No comments: