It is 2011! Where did 2010 go?
We celebrated the new year pretty much the same way we did last year. We played games, ate gluten-free, dairy-free pizza, hid a dollar outside and then at 8:00pm CST we rang in 2011 with Brazil. As soon as "mid-night" arrives, we cut into our New Year's surprise cake. Whoever has the peice with the trinket hidden inside wins a prize! The dollar hiding is a tradition from my side. On New Year's Eve you hid money outside and then the next day you bring it back in - it is to symbolize bringing wealth into the new year.
Byron and I came up with a TOP TEN of 2010 List:
10. Reconnecting with old friends and making some new friends - this year we were able to get in touch with friends we haven't had contact with in awhile. We also joined a Sunday School class that helped us connect here and of course - I also started a new MOPS group. Both led to new friends!
9. Celebrating Papaw's 80th Birthday - I remember a time when Papaw's goal was to live to see the year 2000. A decade later, we were celebrating his 80th birthday! What a blessing that he is still with us!
8. Renting our house out - Well, we would have perferred to sell it, but getting a renter in really relieved a lot of financial burden from us and we are blessed to have good renters!
7. Byron got to grow a little closer to his siblings - Byron, Nicol, and Nick took two car trips together this year. This was the first time in 20 years that they have done that! A lot of time in a car makes for good bonding, I'm sure!
6. Gabe learning to ride his bike - Watching Gabe ride without training wheels was awesome!!
5. Finding out we were pregnant! - 6 years ago we were wondering if it was even possible for us to concieve a child - and now we have 3!! 2 were concieved without any fertility! God has blessed us!!
4. Miguel's first smile - and we spend so much of our day, still, trying to make him show us that smile!
3. Getting Selah Potty-Trained - She is completely diaper free and hasn't even wet the bed!!
2. Teaching Gabe to read - What a rewarding moment for a Mommy!!!! Now he reads everything in sight!
1. Welcoming a new addition to our family - Nothing could ever top the birth of a new baby. What a precious gift we were given in Miguel!!
Hoping your 2011 is blessed!