Friday, August 27, 2010

The Snake...

On Monday we were surprised to find a little black snake in the apartment. I quickly (left Selah sitting on the toilet and ) grabbed my broom and dust pan and showed it the door. Then I swept it off of our porch for good measure. Once the snake was safely outside (and Selah was off the potty) we headed out to inspect our unwelcomed visitor. I think the fall from the 2nd story balcony stunned it because it was still where it had fallen - though squirming a bit. Gabe played peek-a-boo with it for a few minutes and then we headed back to our snake-less apartment.
Then we researched the internet and found out that it was a harmless Texas Blind Snake. It was just a bit thicker than a pencil and around 10 inches long - which is as long as they get. They eat ants and insects. So I guess I have our visitor to thank for the missing black ants in the bathroom! To finish out our exciting day, Gabe and Selah made Texas Blind Snakes out of paper plates.

No comments: