Thursday, May 27, 2010

Potty Training


Selah has been showing signs of potty training readiness for quite awhile now, so last week I bit the bullet. I told her that it is time to use the potty now and put her in her "Tinker Bell" panties. The first few days were crazy - cleaning up puddles, changing panties faster more than I could count - but we also had a lot of successes at the potty. By the 5th day, there were no more puddles and she was doing great (by the way, jelly beans are a great incentive!). We took a trip to Wal-Mart and bought the Elmo panties she has been wanting. We are now only in diapers for naps and night-time!! Yay, Selah!! To comemorate the big milestone, I found a poem to share and a little graphic! Enjoy!

Potty Training 2

Written by Thena Smith


I used to wear a diaper

When I was very little

They were held on with little tabs

And gave me a bulging middle!


I didn't know any better then

And wet them all day through

Until my mommy brought me a little potty chair

And said "This is for you!"


It took a while to like this chair

And to sit there when I had to go

But one day I learned some things

That all the big kids know!


If I sit on my special chair

And do what 's meant to be

It makes life much more fun

For mommy and for me!


I don't have to have saggy pads

Hanging to my knees

And it makes me more comfy

And my Mommy it seems to please.


Yesterday she brought me something elseI thought that I would share --

I haven't had this stuff before

She called it underwear!


Mommy Graphics

No comments: