Friday, July 9, 2021

Let's Paint the Walls!


I have been wanting to paint our living and dining rooms for awhile now. This summer seemed like a perfect time to do it! 

The dining room had a wainscoting that was an odd greenish/gray hue. It didn't match any other paint color in our house. 

 Here is the dining room before painting. 


Mig and I painted the wainscoting a bright white. It took many coats to cover the green/gray!! It looks much cleaner and brighter now! I love it!! 




I love the built in book case and stone accents in our living room, but thought that the white walls did not do them justice. 



I decided a nice golden color would bring the stone out more while coordinating well with the wood on the mantle and the built in. Byron was not sold on the color (and maybe still isn't) but let me do my thing. I love it!! It is warm and inviting! 



 My next two projects will be painting the staircase and the homeschool room....

No comments: