Thursday, November 4, 2010

What's in a name?

A lot of people have asked how we came up with Miguel's name. Well, here it is! Five years ago, Byron and I enjoyed watching the reality tv show, Rock Star INXS, where 15 contestants competed to become the lead vocalist for the Australian rock band INXS. Our favorite contestant was the very talented Austrailian rocker, Mig Ayesa. I was pregnant with Gabriel at the time and Byron made the comment that if we ever have another boy we should name him Miguel and call him "Mig". Fast forward five years....we were trying to come up with a boy name for our baby and Miguel came up again. I have to admit, I wasn't that into naming our baby Miguel, but never came up with a name that both of us like more. Besides, Miguel kind of works for our family....my name is the female form of Michael, Miguel is the Spanish form. Gabriel and Miguel (Michael) are the only angels named in the Bible. Selah name was inspired by the Christian vocal group with the same name, and Miguel's name was inspired by a vocalist. So I conceeded. And yes, Byron does call him "Mig". Miguel's middle name, Carlisle, was my great-grandmother's maiden name. And there you have it!

Here is a video of Mig Ayesa for your viewing and listening pleasure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A good Paul Harvey story!

2-ton said...

This is such a cute story. I think MiG would be very flattered. And just in case you have not kept up with him, he is every bit as "nice" and as talented as he was portrayed in the show. FYI, he has a website, www.mig-music.com.