Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summer Reading Program

The kids and I have been attending story time at our local library nearly every Wednesday for the past several months. During the summer, the library is hosting a Summer Reading Program. All we had to do was commit to read everyday for two weeks! Easy! We finished our two week Wednesday! Way to go Serna kids!!

Here they are with their certificates of completion.

They each also were able to choose any book from the children's section to put a label in saying they completed the program. (The glances to the right are due to me trying to take pictures while the tv is on....maybe I should have turned off PBS kids!)

Selah chose her current fav, Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom - or as she calls it "Boom-Boom book"


Gabe choose a Magic Tree House book. We have already read 2 of these and he is hooked! Great introduction to "chapter books".
They also recieved tickets to the circus and the Museum of Science and Natural History - maybe features in future blog posts?!?! So fun! I love that my kiddos have both developed a love for books and for reading. I hope they continue to love to read throughout their lives.


No comments: